The Rockland Rail Trail follows an old RR corridor of what was once known as the Hanover Branch Line. The line was built in the 1860s by E. Y. Perry, a Hanover businessman who produced tacks. The railroad originally ran between Hanover Four Corners and North Abington before becoming part of the Old Colony Line in 1887. The Abington section was finished in 2014. In November 2018 the last section in Rockland was started. The total length is 2.6 miles.